Hamilton Square is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated community located within Hamilton Township, in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States, that is the site of an historic colonial village. Until the 2000 Census the area was part of the Mercerville-Hamilton Square CDP, which was split into two CDPs, Mercerville and Hamilton Square as of 2010. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 12,784.
Hamilton Square was established in 1692 and was named after Alexander Hamilton in a wave of anti-British feeling at the time of the War of 1812. It previously had been called Nottingham after the British town. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDPs population was 12,784. Grounds For Sculpture is a 42-acre public sculpture park located in Hamilton, NJ. It was founded in 1992 on the site of the former New Jersey State Fairgrounds by J. Seward Johnson to promote an understanding of and appreciation for contemporary sculpture for all people. Visitors to the park can enjoy the outdoor permanent collection, indoor seasonal exhibitions, and learn about contemporary sculpture through a variety of educational programs including workshops for adults and children, artist residencies and lectures, tours for adults, schoolchildren, toddlers, as well as touch tours for the blind. In addition, the park also offers various events, a 42-acre arboretum, shopping and dining, including the high-rated fine dining destination known as Rat’s Restaurant. In 2007, over 100,000 people visited Grounds For Sculpture.